At a World Series Victory Parade in the Entertainment District on Friday, Nov. 3, 2023, the City of Arlington extends an invitation to supporters from all across North Texas to celebrate the Texas Rangers, the 2023 World Champions. Anyone can attend the free event.
“It has taken five decades for the Texas Rangers to win the World Series,” stated Arlington Mayor Jim Ross. In the midst of what was then a sleepy bedroom suburb in the Metroplex, Mayor Tom Vandergriff traveled to Washington, D.C, and persuaded the Washington Senators to change their name to the Texas Rangers and relocate there. After 51 years in Arlington, the Rangers have remained with them. Our assistance in the construction of three stadiums here has been returned year after year by the Rangers’ unwavering dedication to the community, which has also received support from the city councils and the community. They gave a World Series championship in return this year. This Friday, we encourage fans to visit the Entertainment District and really savor the occasion, take it all in, and enjoy themselves.
Parking and Street Closures
- Lane Restrictions and Parking
Parking lots around Choctaw Stadium, AT&T Stadium, Esports Stadium Arlington + Expo Center, and Globe Life Field will be free for public use beginning at 8 a.m. Cars will not be allowed before or during the celebrations at the Live! by Loews parking structure, Cowboys parking lots 3, 4, and 5, and Rangers parking lots A, B, K, R, and T, some of which are along the parade route. Parking lots owned by the Texas Rangers on the north, east, and southeast sides of the parade route have designated handicap spaces offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
When the parade route begins at 10 a.m. the following streets will be temporarily closed: Cowboys Way between AT&T Way and Stadium Drive; AT&T Way between Cowboys Way and Nolan Ryan Expressway; and the area around Globe Life Field and Choctaw Stadium.
The routes are as follows: E Road to Six Flags Drive between Nolan Ryan Expressway and Ballpark Way, and Nolan Ryan Expressway between AT&T Way and E Road.
• From E Road to Six Flags Drive and Cowboys Way, Ballpark Way
Between Ballpark Way and AT&T Way, Randol Mill Road will also be closed.
The Parade Path
- On Cowboys Way at Supra Lot A, immediately south of Globe Life Field, the parade is set to start at 12:15 p.m. After going north on AT&T Way, east on Nolan Ryan Expressway, and then connecting east road to Six Flags, the route will make a clockwise loop around Globe Life Field and Choctaw Stadium for approximately 1.9 miles. Around Supra Lot A, the route will come to a stop at Cowboys Way after continuing south on Ballpark Way/Stadium Drive on the east side of Globe Life Field. Along with Arlington Mayor Jim Ross and the City Council, Arlington police and fire officials, as well as marching bands from nearby schools, will also be participating in the parade.
Post-Parade Public Celebration
- Public Rejoicing Following Parade
The public celebration, which will feature speeches from Texas Rangers management, manager Bruce Bochy, and Rangers players, will take place in the Globe Life Field North Plaza and the nearby Tundra Lot B following the parade. The end of the parade will mark the start of the 30-minute presentation hosted by Texas Rangers Hall of Famer Chuck Morgan.
Cleanliness and Food
Choctaw Stadium’s west and north doors lead to public toilets. Through these portals, concessions will also be accessible.
See the Parade’s Activities
Complete coverage of the parade and ceremony will be provided by Bally Sports Southwest. There will be coverage of the parade by regional media sources.
Restrooms and Concessions
- For images and videos from parade day, follow the City of Arlington on Facebook, Instagram, and X at @CityofArlington. You may also find them on Facebook at @ciudaddearlingtontx.
News from the Media
Eventually today, the Texas Rangers Communications Department will send out a Media Advisory with details on the World Series Victory Parade and Ceremony schedule, the credential process, media parking and availability, and general coverage.